LASIK (Laser-Assisted in Situ Keratomileusis)
LASIK surgery has a history of more than 20 years, and it is also a popular treatment for correct vision. The concept of Lasik surgery is to remodel the arc of corneal, in order to improve the ability of light refraction, thereby to correct vision and reduce patients’ dependence on glasses and contact lenses.
What is LASIK?
LASIK (Laser-Assisted in Situ Keratomileusis) is an excimer laser treatment in situ keratomileusis. Using laser technology to polish the cornea, curvature of the corneal would be changed to achieve the effect of vision correction. During the process, the surgeon will first make a corneal flap. After that, the surgeon will open the corneal flap and reshape the curvature of the cornea, and then cover back the corneal flap to correct vision.
Who is suitable for LASIK?
- want to or are engaged in disciplined services / aviation industry
- are sports enthusiasts
- do not want to wear contact lenses or glasses
- concern about eye health
- want to improve their appearances
Advantages of LASIK
- Tradition treatment for vision correction
- Effectively correct myopia, hyperopia and astigmatism
- Could be finished in 20 mins
- Safe, quick and less uncomfortable
- Stable result
Price of LASIK
- HKD12,500 (Monocular correction) / HKD20,000 (binocular correction)