What is Implantable Collamer Lens (ICL)?
Implantable Collamer Lens (ICL) is designed for patients who have deep myopia, hyperopia and astigmatism. There is no cornea-cutting is needed during operation, and the ICL lens can be implanted to correct vision.
Process of ICL
After pre-operational examination, anesthetic eye drops would be applied by the surgeon, and a 3 mm incision would be made on the cornea. Then, the folded lens will be implanted and posited into the eyeball which is like putting contact lenses directly on the eyes, to achieve the result of vision correction. Generally, the whole process takes about 5 to 10 minutes. No stitches are required after correction. Basically, vision can be restored in the next day.
Charge Details of ICL
- *ICL without astigmatism correction
HKD 38,000 (monocular correction) / HKD 67,000 (binocular correction)
*ICL with astigmatism correction
HKD 42,000 (monocular correction) / HKD 72,000 (binocular correction)
Who is suitable for ICL?
- are suffered from dry eye due to contact lens
- have high myopia, hyperopia and astigmatism
- have fragile conceal and are not suitable for having laser treatment
- want to reduce dependence on contact lenses and glasses
- want to or are engaged in disciplined services / aviation industry
- are sports enthusiasts
- do not want to wear contact lenses or glasses
Advantages of ICL
- Up to 99% patients satisfied with the result of vision improvement in recent FDA study
- Wide range of corrections: ICL can correct up to -18.00D myopia, +10.00D hyperopia and -6.00D CYL. astigmatism
- No need to remove corneal tissue
- Minimally invasive, short operation time, short recovery period, just around 5-10 minutes operation time
- No side effects of dry eye
- Good night vision ability
- With UV protection